Morning Glory

Morning dawned - a magnificent, enchanting monsoon morning!
I woke up inhaling the heavenly perfume that pervaded everywhere,
Of cool raindrops falling hard on parched ground.
What a pitter-patter the raindrops make on my window pane!
Ah! So long have I waited for these very sounds,
So long have I wanted to inhale the smell of rain!
So intoxicating, so pure – almost enthralling ones’s senses,
Until they become indifferent to all else.

The setting seems perfect for an idyllic rendezvous
The temptation is there alright, the opportunity too,
But I have other things to attend to
And so I procrastinate.

Later, returning home, I chance to look up
And what a sight greets my tired, work-weary eyes!
The ocean seems to have risen and merged into the sky
My breath catches as I stare enraptured
At the brilliant blue ceiling so lovingly painted by Him!
And in between are streaks of resplendent orange,
The fire god himself stretching out his arms
To embrace the grey-blue (or are they a deep mauve?)
Bundles of imperfection floating mischievously by
This is a legacy of the morning – seems so long
Since I was part of that magical moment.

But yet the night remains
Holding the promise of bringing along a glory even greater,
Perhaps within her dark shadows hides a brightness
Which shall unveil its magnificence in even more mesmerizing possibilities.
So, I continue to hope
As the night slowly closes in around me
Leaving me with memories - eventful, unforgettable memories
That serve as a reminder of what the word magic means
To one so preoccupied, so lost amongst the mundane,
But at the same time longing to break free
Of the constricting, suffocatingly correct ways of the world!

Ah! Would to heaven that I might mingle among the raindrops,
And quench the thirst of the dry, dusty earth,
Or become a part of the feathery softness clothing the sky.
But it’s all wishful thinking after all, mere folly!
Why would I want to be someone other than me
And miss the chance to admire, to adore, to loose myself

In the delicious nothingness of being an insignificance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monsoon Rain and the Five Senses

Monu's World: Raka's Kite

Mia

Monu's World

Mayflower Memories

A Question of Identity

Circles of Prime Numbers

The Fog

Total Pageviews